Training with injury 創傷後訓練 - Top Trainer's Secrets



I'm talking about this from a very personal point of view.
As you all know, Chi Ka (aka Elektra) is absolutely an accident prone literally from head to toe.
Since I was a little kid, I tripped a lot and my dad would freak out when I came home with new grazes and bruises. (Hence balance and coordination training is essential for children)
Even when I became an adult and first started boxing, the moment he saw me arriving home with fresh bruises on shins from kicking the heavy bag, he would scream and tried to deter me from training (before, fencing and now boxing).
Such a typical protective Hong Kong dad - however I'll stick to what I love.

是次話題對我十分切身。
眾所周知,Chi Ka (又名Elektra)很論盡,由頭到腳都幾乎傷過。
年幼時,我常常趺倒。回家老爸看到我滿腳瘀青,他都十分緊張。
(所以,應該讓小孩從小做平衡及協調訓練)
長大了,當我開始打泰拳要踢沙包,回來又滿腳瘀傷,他會抓狂又叫我不要再玩這些粗暴的運動(到之前的劍擊到現在的泰拳)。
他是一個很傳統的港爸,但是我仍會做我喜歡的事。


Yeap, bruises on my beautiful shins from boxing.
都是泰拳踢沙包踢來的。


Starting from my feet, I fractured my right 5th metatarsal (from high heels accident), and left fourth toe (middle and proximal bones, from kicking accident).
Plantar fasciitis, Anterior Tibial Tendonitis (both from kicking and jump rope)
Left knee skin infection from a graze (no kneeling or bending of knee for 3 weeks),
And last but not least my latest left wrist sprain from BJJ sparring from almost 7 weeks ago, which affects me a lot not only in training but also in daily life.
And of course banging my head on a barbell or dropping a barbell on my foot - I won't even count them.
從腳說起,我右腳外側骨裂過(穿高跟鞋弄的),左腳第四隻腳指兩處骨裂(踢腳弄的),
足底筋膜炎,脛前肌腱炎 (踢腿及跳繩太多致),
左膝皮膚細菌感染 (三個星期不能跪或曲腳)
以及近來差不多七星期前扭傷了左手 (BJJ巴西柔術對打練習時弄的)。
傷了手除了不能訓練以外,日常生活都諸多不便。
還有頭撞到鋼鈴及鋼鈴掉到自己腳上等等小意外,我也懶得說了。

Had my fingers caught in between the rack and the dumbbells TWICE.
被啞鈴及支架夾到手指兩次


The very first thing after injury of course is first aid or for more serious case, seek medical help. If you're not sure whether it's something you can handle, go to the doctor and let the pro judge before it's too late.
Once I was walking in high heels on the train platform, I lost balance and tripped. I instantly felt the excruciating pain on my right foot and couldn't walk. In the end, I barely managed to drag my foot and went home. My foot went so swollen and turn all purple at the lateral side.
The pain wouldn't go away so I went to see the doctor. A fracture was confirmed but since it's been a week, there's nothing more they could do not even a splint would do much.
Lesson one: seek medical help ASAP and take care of your injury first.

意外受傷後第一樣要做的當然是急救,嚴重的定必要去看醫生。若你不肯定自己能否處理傷勢,請務必去看咨詢醫護去買個安心,以免太遲。
有一次,我穿著高跟鞋,在鐵路月台絆倒了。我頓時感到右腳有一股難耐的痛,走路也走不了。我忍著痛,邊用左腳拖著右腳,蹣跚地回家了。回到家中,右腳腫到不行,右側全都發瘀了。
痛了好幾天也在痛,我方去看醫生。照了X光才知骨裂了。
但因為都拖了一整個星期,醫生沒能做甚麼,放夾板也沒有用了。
所以,一有意外一定要去看醫生,治療傷勢為先。


High heels might not be women's friend at all
高跟鞋是女人的敵人還是朋友?


Then the next thing is to rest and manage your emotion and thoughts.
DO NOT rush back to work or training yet.
As a workaholic and training addict, I wouldn't give myself a break.
But rest is more than essential both physically and psychologically.
I know, it feels absolutely AWEFUL not to be training or doing something that you love.
I really miss my boxing club to nuts, however,
even though your mind says YES, if your body is not ready, then you'll end up beating yourself up like me.
Take a step back, sit back and think about what you can focus on instead.

之後,一定要好好休息,梳理自己的情緒及想法。
絕不能立即趕著上班或者重新開始訓練。
身為一個工作狂,一個健身愛好者,我不能不工作,也不能不訓練。
可是休息在於生理上及心理上同樣重要。
不能訓練,不能做自己愛做的事是十分痛苦的,這個我很明白。
我真的掛念我的拳館掛到瘋了。
可是,無論你的心有多想,要是你的身體沒法再開始訓練,這樣的心理只會令自己抓狂。
退後一步,冷靜想一想,你可以分散注意力在哪些事情上。

Take some time off to catch up with old friends, go on dates, have dinner with your family, pick up old/new instruments or books, do things that you haven't done for a long time, do things that are therapeutic and can get negative thoughts out of your mind.
That's what I'm doing anyway.

在不能訓練期間,去看看老朋友,去約會,跟家人吃飯,去學習新的樂器,看書,做一些很久沒做的事,做一些帶治癒性,令自己愉快的事,令腦袋沒空間去萌生負面的想法。
反正我會這樣做就是了。

Haven't played the piano properly for a while! Time to pick it up again
好久沒有好好彈琴了,是時候重新練習


Work with a physio-therapist first, when your injured part gets better and you're more comfortable with your injury, you can start doing rehabilitation training by yourself.
Focus on getting back flexibility and strengthening. Stretch your injured part often in a pain free zone and do weight training also in a pain free zone. Once you feel pain shooting, stop.

先去咨詢物理治療師,當你傷患情況好轉時,而你又放心自己去訓練,你可以自己做康復運動。
把集中力放在重新訓練靈活度及力量。在無痛的情況下,替你受傷的部分拉筋以及做適量的重力訓練。感到疼痛時一定要立即停止。

When you're ready to workout, take it easy and avoid doing anything that can cause pain.
When I had my bone fractures on my left foot, I stopped any sorts of workout for 2 weeks and I avoided exercises that would have any impact or put any pressure on my foot.
Namely, upper body weight exercises: chest, shoulders, back, arms, abs etc. You can still do cardio without using lower body (lighter weight, more reps, less break. still can pump your heart rate up)! And as I got better, I moved on to bike and elliptical trainer.
And this time when I injured my wrist, I did mostly lower body exercises and avoid doing anything that would require my left hand to be in an uncomfortable position to assist the movement. I did mostly bike and worked on core strength (hip thrust, squats, deadlift, hip extension, abs for TRX etc).

當你預準好要重新訓練了,要絕對小心,要減低強度,避免一些會令傷患痛的運動及動作。
我左腳骨裂時,我避免一切對腳有踫撞的運動。於是我就集中訓練上半身:胸,肩,背,手,腹等,況且,即是只訓練上半身也可達到帶氣效果(用較輕的重量,做較多次數及組數,減少組與組之間的休息,同樣可提高心跳率)
當我傷患轉好,我開始踏單車及用太空慢步機。
而最近的扭傷手,我就剛剛相反,只集中做下半身的訓練,避免做一些需要手輔助的動作。所以我會去踏單車,集中訓練核心肌肉(做深蹲,直腿硬拉,臀伸展,用TRX做的腹部練習等)


TRX


Work with and work around your injury. It's not worth it if you rush back to training and get yourself more injured, it'll only take you longer to return to training.

按你的傷患去做適當訓練吧。
急住要重新開始舊時的訓練,把自己弄得更傷,需要更長的康復就無謂了。


Asia's Next Top Model 2 亞洲超模生死鬥二

NASM Certified Personal Trainer 美國國家運動醫學會 註冊私人教練

IPTFA Certified Personal Trainer 國際康體專才培訓學院 註冊私人教練

TRX GSTC Certified Trainer TRX團體懸垂訓練註冊教練
TRX Sports Medicine Suspension Training Course Certified Trainer TRX運動醫學懸垂訓練註冊教練

AASFP Muay Thai Instructor (Foundation) Certification Course 泰拳教練(基礎)

Olympic Lifting Level 2 Certificate 奧林匹克舉重第二級證書

Comments